Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/digit572/adidasblog.com/wp-content/themes/jnews/class/ContentTag.php on line 86
Actual Madrid, one in every of three newcomers to European competitors on this season’s event, will likely be aiming to maintain up their profitable begin in Group B towards Icelandic opponents Breidablik, the primary from their nation to succeed in a serious group stage in UEFA membership soccer.
• Las Blancas had Lorena Navarro to thank for his or her slender 1-0 Matchday 1 victory towards Kharkiv, together with her strike from shut vary simply after the half-hour mark in the end the distinction.
• David Aznar’s facet loved 70% possession in Kharkiv – with solely Hoffenheim having extra of the ball in all of the opening spherical of group stage matches – however have been unable so as to add to their tally, with Navarro, Athenea del Castillo and Caroline Møller all spurning alternatives to increase their lead.
• Breidablik made two-time UEFA Girls’s Champions League runners-up Paris work for his or her 2-0 Matchday 1 success, with Grace Geyoro solely doubling the guests’ benefit within the 89th minute.
Ones to look at: Actual Madrid
Athenea del Castillo
• The 20-year-old was substituted within the 84th minute of the Matchday 1 victory towards Kharkiv, having performed the total match in each legs of the 2-1 mixture qualifying Spherical 2 success towards Manchester Metropolis.
• The ahead made her Las Blancas debut within the 1-1 first leg dwelling draw towards the Cityzens on 31 August, having joined the membership earlier in the summertime from Deportivo.
• She netted 9 league objectives for the Galicia-based facet final time period, however was unable to assist her staff forestall relegation from the Primera División, as they completed fifteenth.
• The Spanish worldwide, who made her senior La Roja debut final 12 months, was a part of their profitable Below-19 facet that gained the 2018 UEFA Girls’s Championship in Switzerland.
• The ahead, who was the primary Actual Madrid signing of the summer season when she joined in July from first membership Actual Sociedad, is one in every of six Las Blancas gamers to start out all three of their matches within the competitors to date this time period (together with qualifiers).
• The 24-year-old spent over seven seasons with the San Sebastián outfit, the place she netted over 100 objectives in all competitions.
• The ahead scored the profitable aim as Actual Sociedad secured their first main honour, the 2019 Copa de la Reina, courtesy of a 2-1 victory towards Atlético Madrid.
• The Spain worldwide, who represented her nation on the 2019 FIFA World Cup, was a runner-up together with her nation on 5 events at main tournaments at youth degree.
• The 20-year-old scored her facet’s solely aim within the 1-0 Matchday 1 success towards Kharkiv, incomes her the Participant of the Match award.
• The Madrid-born attacker had 4 makes an attempt towards the Ukrainian facet on 6 October, greater than every other participant within the match.
• The ahead started her profession with second-tier facet Madrid CFF, earlier than becoming a member of CD Tacón in 2016, who would later be rebranded as Las Blancas.
• She has been capped by Spain at youth degree, scooping the UEFA Girls’s Below-17 Championship in 2015. She was a prolific scorer for that facet, securing the golden boot on the 2016 FIFA Below-17 World Cup in Jordan, having additionally shared the highest markswoman honours on the UEFA Girls’s Championship for that age group earlier that 12 months.
Ones to look at: Breidablik
Agla María Albertsdóttir
• The 22-year-old mustered 4 makes an attempt within the 2-0 Matchday 1 defeat to Paris, greater than every other Breidablik participant.
• She was the membership’s prime scorer within the qualifying marketing campaign, notching six strikes, together with a hat-trick towards Gintr, and likewise confirmed her eye for aim within the title-winning 2020 season, sharing the Icelandic top-flight golden boot with team-mate Sveindís Jane Jónsdóttir.
• The attacker is a product of the membership’s youth set-up however didn’t make the breakthrough into the senior facet earlier than a transfer to Valur in 2015. She joined Stjarnan a 12 months later, returning to her first membership in 2018.
• The Icelandic worldwide represented her nation on the 2017 Girls’s EURO within the Netherlands.
Selma Sól Magnúsdóttir
• The 23-year-old had performed each minute of Breidablik’s 4 matches in qualifying for the UEFA Girls’s Champions League previous to being an unused substitute for the reverse towards Paris.
• She chipped in with three objectives within the preliminaries forward of this inaugural group stage, together with a double strike within the 7-0 Spherical 1 semi-final qualifier towards KÍ Klaksvík of the Faroe Islands.
• The midfielder made her debut for the reigning Icelandic champions means again in 2013 and has been part of two title-winning seasons with the membership, having spent the 2015 marketing campaign on mortgage at Fylkir.
• The 20-year-old managed three pictures within the 2-0 loss to Paris on Matchday 1, with solely Albertsdóttir having extra for the Icelandic outfit.
• The midfielder solely signed for the reigning Úrvalsdeild kvenna champions from first membership Thór/KA on the finish of September, and made her Breidablik bow within the defeat towards the facet from the French capital.
• Capped by Iceland at youth degree, she was named in a coaching camp for the seniors again in February this 12 months however is but to make her bow for the total nationwide facet.
• That is Actual Madrid’s debut season in European competitors, they’re unbeaten to date (W2 D1).
• Actual Madrid have gained every of their final two UEFA Girls’s Champions League matches 1-0.
• Actual Madrid have scored as soon as in every of their three UEFA Girls’s Champions League matches this season.
• Breidablik have misplaced solely one in every of their final ten European matches exterior of their very own nation.
• Breidablik have gained the Icelandic championship a file 18 instances.
• Breidablik reached the quarter-finals of the 2006/07 UEFA Girls’s Cup, shedding to eventual champions Arsenal.
• Breidablik are the primary staff from Iceland to succeed in a serious UEFA membership competitors group stage.